Preparing Final Manuscripts
Please read carefully all reviewers’ comment and reflect them to improve your Final papers.
English is the working language of the conference. If English is not your native language, please have your papers read by a native English speaker, or seek online services of proof reading to improve the language of your papers. Please note that your paper is subject to further review and it may be rejected if it is deemed that English of your paper is not acceptable.
Paper preparation (doc/docx format) and template
To export or save as PDF, in your Office file, on the File menu, click Export or Save As.
This information also applies to Microsoft Word Starter 2010.
- Click the File tab.
- Click Save As.
To see the Save As dialog box in Word 2013 and Word 2016, you have to choose a location and folder.
- In the File Name box, enter a name for the file, if you haven’t already.
- In the Save as type list, click PDF (*.pdf).
- If you want the file to open in the selected format after saving, select the Open file after publishing check box.
- If the document requires high print quality, click Standard (publishing online and printing).
- If the file size is more important than print quality, click Minimum size (publishing online).
- Click Options to set the page to be printed, to choose whether markup should be printed, and to select output options. Click OK when finished.
- Click Save.
You can following step-by-step instructions if you have another Microsoft Word Version at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Save-or-convert-to-PDF-d85416c5-7d77-4fd6-a216-6f4bf7c7c110
Papers must be written on A4-format page according to the IEEE template Manuscripts of minimum four (4) pages and up to seven (7) pages in length. Submissions exceeding eight (8) pages will not be accepted.
IEEE template Manuscripts can be found at http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html or may be downloaded here.
Papers should NOT have:
- Page numbers
Pdf IEEEXplore Format
Conference papers are to be submitted electronically (.pdf form), with file size limited to 2 MB. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings, and submitted to IEEE Xplore® online digital library.
IEEE is very strict about the requirements for converting application files or PostScript files to full-text PDF for inclusion in IEEE Xplore®.
The most important issue that every author shall pay attention to is to make sure that all the fonts used in your papers are EMBEDDED and SUBSETTED, especially for papers from Asia and Europe. Failure to embed and subset fonts is the biggest obstacle to PDF compliance with IEEE Xplore® and please make sure that your PDF files are compliant with IEEE Xplore®. Papers failing to meet the IEEE Xplore® PDF requirements may be rejected.
Each PDF for IEEE Xplore® must have all of these characteristics:
- Be PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 5) or later but not Acrobat 9.
- Must be created with a PDF distiller. Scanning is not permitted.
- Embeds or subsets all fonts. Doing so helps makes sure that the mathematics appears as intended and improves text searching in the PDF. Please note some TrueType fonts have a setting added by the font designer that prevents the font from being embedded and should be avoided 5.
- Does not have a password or other security settings.
- Does not contain any bookmarks or links. Links are supported now only by using a summary.txt, readme file, and a packing list. They appear in the IEEE Xplore® TOC as multimedia.
- Does not contain crop marks, registration marks, date stamp, time stamp, or any other mark that does not appear in the official version of the publication.
- Does not contain any PostScript that overrides the settings file.
- Does not use PDF attachments.
- Does not consist of a PDF Package or Merged PDF, a PDF 1.7 (Acrobat 8) feature.
Please note that all final papers may be converted using PDFexpress from the following link, in accordance with the IEEE PDF specification. Please go to the IEEE PDF eXpress site at www.pdf-express.org or click the following button to register at IEEE PDF eXpress.
Use IEEE PDF eXpress to check your PDF file or to convert a .doc/docx Paper into an IEEE Xplore compatible PDF file.
First-time users should do the following:
- Select the New Users – Click Here link.
- Enter the following:
- 38671X for the Conference ID
- your email address
- a password
- Continue to enter information as prompted.
An Online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
Previous users of PDFeXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Access the Publications Support Center for IEEE PDF eXpress (http://ieee.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/p/12).
If you do not find an answer in the Find Answers tab, go to the Ask A Question tab. Your question will be forwarded to IEEE PDF Support and answered within 3 business days.
Important IEEE Policy
The IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (including its removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.
Papers are reviewed on the basis that they do not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any other conferences/workshops/symposia at the same time (double submission). These matters are taken very seriously and the IEEE Communications society will take action against any author who engages in either practice. Follow these links to learn more:
PLEASE NOTE: To ensure appropriate consideration of conflicts of interest during the review process, the ComSoc prohibits changes to the list of authors once a paper has been submitted for review during review, revision, or (if accepted) -final publication. The author list may be changed only prior to the submission deadline.
To be published in the ICCEREC Conference Proceedings, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full (member or non-member) rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference unless the TPC Chair grants permission for a substitute presenter arranged in advance of the event and who is qualified both to present and answer questions. Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. Accepted and presented papers will be submitted to IEEE Xplore.